I absolutely love this book. I will probably pick it up and re-read it several more times.
The most important takeaway from the first time through was the power of the Keystone Habit. The most important habit that impacts the rest of your life. As I work with real estate professionals, I find that most of them have one thing that when adjusted properly makes a world of difference.
Here is the table of contents to give you an idea of whats inside:
PART ONE: THE HABITS OF INDIVIDUALS
1. The Habit Loop – How Habits Work
2. The Craving Brain – How to Create New Habits
3. The Golden Rule of Habit Change – Why Transformation Occurs
PART TWO – THE HABITS OF SUCCESSFUL ORGANIZATIONS
4. Keystone Habits, or The Ballad of Paul O’Neill – Which Habits Matter Most
5. Starbucks and the Habit of Success – When Willpower Becomes Automatic
6. The Power of a Crisis – How Leaders Create Habits Through Accident and Design
7. How Target Knows What You Want Before You Do – When Companies Predict (and manipulate) Habits
PART THREE – THE HABITS OF SOCIETIES
8. Saddleback Church and the Montgomery Bus Boycott – How Movements Happen
9. The Neurology of Free Will – Are We Responsible for Our Habits?